California State Controller launched an online portal for the users to search for the unclaimed property as there is no time limitation for claiming property. The user can also check the status of a claim online because there is no expiry date for claiming online. Searching the unclaimed property at California State Controller office is a benefit for those heirs who have no knowledge that their relative (owner) left the property for them which is still unclaimed.
How To Search For Unclaimed Property At California State Controller?
- To search your unclaimed property, you will need to visit the website by clicking on this link www.claimit.ca.gov
- Wait for the website to load properly. After the website is loaded properly, then click on the “Search for Unclaimed Property” link to start the search.
- Now, on the next page, you will need to select the type of search which you want to search or the type of property you want to search.
- Individual Owner Search.
- Business/Government Search.
- Property ID Search.
- If you have select “Individual Owner Search” type then. Provide your last name in the first field.
- After that enter your first name in the second field. After that enter the middle initials of your name.
- Now enter the city in the last field. After completing this form, then click on the grey colored “Search” button to search your property.
- Now if you have selected “Business/Government Search” type then. Now, enter your business or government name in the first field.
- After that indicate your city in the next field. After that click on the grey colored “Search” button to search your unclaimed property.
- If you have selected the third type that is, Property ID Search. In this case, you would have to enter your property ID in the vacant field.
- After you have entered the ID, then click on the “Search” button to proceed and search your unclaimed property.
If you are having some issue in searching for the unclaimed property then you can approach at 916-3238-314.